Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Prop 8

The past month and a half has been very intense as our ward has been working on supporting the Vote Yes on Prop 8. At first I wasn't really familiar with the campaign but was helping because our Bishop/Stake/and First Presidency asked us to. But the more I got involved and the more I read up and researched what would happen and how these changes would affect my little family, the more it really scares me of what will happen if it doesn't pass. Here is a link to an article from the San Francisco Chronicle about a 1st grade class attending a field trip to their Lesbian teachers wedding.

My friend Katie had this on her blog and I wanted to share it as well. Here is just another way that same sex marriage will affect us.



I have never been big into politics, but when situations like this come occur and the first presidency has asked us over and over to get involved and donate our time and our means, I can't help but pass this information along.

No comments: