Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election

The votes are in and we have a new president elect. I am still so uncertain as to the future of our country and it scares me more knowing I am raising my children in such perilous times. Thank goodness for the gospel in my life and for our prophet who leads and guides us. I am so grateful to have the blessings of the gospel and for the comfort it gives to me and my family. Elena woke up this morning and said, "Obama won didn't he?" She was pretty distraught. She said, "What's going to happen now? What about Prop 8 did it pass?" It blows me away how much the kids have retained throughout this Prop 8 push. They have been so supportive of all the times we have helped and talked about the subject. Even last night as we had the final push, they spent an hour and a half helping me hang door signs and knock doors to remind people to get out and vote yes on Prop 8! Now as we play the waiting game for the last 8% of precincts to be recorded, I am anxious and scared to know how our lives will change if Prop 8 doesn't pass. Now I sit and wait......

No comments: