Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas Day!

I realize it's a little late in coming, but here are the pictures from our Christmas day! We told the kids they couldn't get up, or rather wake us up, before 7 a.m. Elena woke up at 5 and waited until 7 to wake her brothers up. I think Aidan would have slept for another hour at least if he hadn't been woken up! :) Here is a picture of the kids with the loot Santa brought.

Laney is digging into her gifts. She got some clothes, boots, Wii games, a bracelet making kit from her grandparents, a new blanket, and some other little things.
I made her this blanket and am pretty proud of myself. Granted I did have A LOT of help from my friend Cyndi, but it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Laney has wanted a "fuzzy" blanket for a year or so and I finally made her one. She was pretty happy!
I also "made" blankets for the boys. Actually I bought the fuzzy blanket and then appliqued a monogram for each of them and then Cyndi embroidered around the edges. I am super happy with the way they turned out. (and yes, the M on Max's is backwards. I realized that after I had already affixed it and started the embroidery.) I love that it looks so clean on both sides and the monogram is on both sides.
Lemuel got some new tennis shoes. He was very surprised! Granted he told me specifically which ones he wanted, but he didn't realize I got them. :) (I have quite a few tricks up my sleeve when it comes to Christmas!) It was fun to surprise him! Don't you love the gloves he got from Elena? Pretty studly!
Max got heaps of games, legos, whoppAir, clothes, Bopit game from grandma and grandpa, and science stuff.
The little man got some legos, hot wheels, pirate toy set from grandma and poppa, clothes, Wii games, and a blanket. He loves legos and was so excited to get these. He will play with legos for hours.
Here is the aftermath! It is amazing how quickly it can become such a mess! All in all, we had a great Christmas. We had a wonderful breakfast of pancakes, sausage, bacon, and monkey bread. It tied us over most of the day and then we had some friends, the Collins family, over for leftover pozole and taquitos. We taught them how to play Greed and had a relaxing evening.

No comments: