Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The things we accomplished.......

This past week was a good one. I accomplished a lot, at least I think so. We got a new car, which I absolutely love. I finished our taxes thanks to a good friend who helped me all day on Friday. We made it through the flu bug with Max and Aidan, and I got started on our enrichment birthday celebration invites. 

Yesterday was a holiday and the kids didn't have school. We planned on packing a picnic and going to the park, but the weather didn't cooperate. It is rainy and cold and will be the rest of this week. So we ended up running errands. NOT the older kids favorite thing to do, but they had to get done. And of course we had to make a trip to Costco for some necessities. I did get to the post office and the library as well. Then when we came home, their friends were able to play so they spent the next couple of hours enjoying a day off. 

The kids are really excited for Valentine's Day and doing their school valentines. Aidan has his little playgroup party on Friday I think and he wants to do his OWN valentines. Since I was a little, my mom always made sugar cookies for every holiday I can remember and all of us kids would decorate them. I remember we would have neighbor kids over as well. She always made a huge batch and they were so yummy. I have been trying to uphold that tradition and the kids have been asking when we were going to do cookies. So, I figured I would make a batch of dough up tonight, but I can't seem to find my heart cookie cutter. Hopefully I can find it....if not, trouble right here in river city!  :D It's probably hidden somewhere since the kids were using the cookie cutters for playdough the other day!  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did get a ton done. I am happy for you. I know it makes you feel good. I am so glad you like your new car. YIPEE. Tell Alicia I need an invite to her blog. Love ya and miss you tons. But March is only a few short weeks away!!! YAHOOOOOOOO

Anonymous said...

pictures of your car. Sorry I hit publish comment and I was not done commenting. :)

Jen said...

Hey Jess,
It's always fun to see what's going on in your life. You are always busy doing great things. I too am getting ready for the R.S. b-day dinner. We are doing a Mystery Thearet Dinner. I'm so excited. It takes a story from the BofM only it is up to date and no one knows it is about the BofM until it is all over. I think it will be really fun. Good luck with everything!
p.s. I too would love to see your new wheels. You can show off a little. It's not everyday that you buy a new car!

mandi said...

Yeah for new car! you look so sporty in it!As far as sugar cookies go,I love everything about them, the dough,the baked cookie, the frosting. No wonder your kids want you to make them,cause they are delicious.

Jenn said...

car pics?? I wanna see :)

yay for getting stuff done!

Wilde Things said...

I'm glad you're all better . . . we're just getting it!
And I'm with you, we always did sugar cookies. This year, I changed things up a little and did homemade oreo cookies, with pink cream of course.
Happy Valentines day to you guys!