Sunday, September 12, 2010

First Day of School!

School began August 23rd. This year the kids were actually really excited for school to start. Laney especially, since she is in 6th grade and now, "rules the school" or so so she says. She has Mrs. Olinger for her teacher and couldn't be happier. I think she has now realized that 6th is going to be harder than 5th grade and that she may have more homework, but she is enjoying it. Maximus was only excited to start so he could see his friends again. He is in 4th grade this year and has Mrs. Diaz for his teacher. He is doing so much better this year in reading and the school year just began. He has already taken 3 AR tests and seems to be really enjoying school. He told me the other day that he actually likes school for a change. I pray that this lasts at least through the holidays!
Aidan is home with me this year. He is still only 4, but can't wait for his turn to go to school. I, on the other hand, am super happy to have him with me one more year! I just can't believe how big he is getting and it makes me sad to think that I really only have him home a little longer!

No comments: